Many of my tech friends write recap posts, and I love to read them. I can see how that would be useful in the future for myself. So, here I’m writing a short one 🙂
Looking back in 2018, it felt soooooooooooo long… I think many would agree with me.
2018 was a very weird decade.
— Solomon Georgio (@solomongeorgio) December 27, 2018
So, I want to keep this short not just because 2018 was a long year but also because it is easier and faster 😄
Here are my highlights:
- I proposed to my girlfriend, and we are engaged 💍
- I took a risk at the beginning of the year and bought a house for my parents – was one of my dreams
- I traveled to 11 different cities like NYC, Paris, London, Riga, Boston… and gave ~20 talks in conferences and meetups around the world
- The company I work for and love, Opsgenie, has been acquired by Atlassian
- I joined Devopsdays core team as a member
- AWS has recognized me as a community hero
- I helped organize a conference and 20+ meetup events in İstanbul and Ankara for Devops Turkey, Serverless Turkey, and Devopsdays İstanbul
- I wrote 20+ blog posts and 5 whitepapers for work.
- I started recording a podcast called “Turuncu Pasaport“, a biweekly Turkish podcast on B2B SaaS experiences
I’m grateful for all the amazing things happened in 2018 – except 10 more kilos 🙂
Hopefully, we have a healthy, happy, and successful 2019 ahead of us!
Is this "B" thing is a coincidence 🤔
So far my travel schedule in 2019:
— Serhat Can (@srhtcn) December 26, 2018
I already have some speaking arrangements in January. Reach out to me (@srhtcn) if you are in town and like to have a drink 🙂